On Writing Nicaragua Way 3
Welcome to my series of videos about writing Nicaragua Way. In this five part video series I reflect on the sources of inspiration that brought me to write a Latino historical novel. In this third video, Globalized Connections, of a five part series, I discuss the globalized connections and how Lorna Almendros, the protagonist of Nicaragua Way, found adventure, romance and fulfillment through the San Francisco based group Friends of Nicaraguan Culture which brought artists together in support of the Sandinista revolution.
New episodes will be posted each week. So come back to view more. The subjects of the video series are:
- Sandinista Memories, On Writing Nicaragua Way 1 (1:48 min)
- A Nation of Immigrants, On Writing Nicaragua Way 2 (2:23 min)
- Globalized Connections, On Writing Nicaragua Way 3 (2:24 min)
- From Memories to Fiction, On Writing Nicaragua Way 4 (2:40 min)
- Another World Is Possible, On Writing Nicaragua Way 5 (1:52 min)
These videos offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of the characters, the times and the author. I hope both readers and writers will enjoy this exploration of my creative process. May it help strengthen their own. See Nina Serrano’s YouTube Channel Nicaragua Way playlist for more on Nicaragua Way.
MEDIA – For photos & interviews: Paul Richards (510) 967 5577; email@example.com