On Writing Nicaragua Way 1 by Nina Serrano
Welcome to my series of videos about Sandinista Memories in the writing of Nicaragua Way. In this five part video series I reflect on the sources of inspiration that brought me to write a Latino historical novel. In this first video, Sandinista Memories, I recall how my own childhood memories of my father talking about Bolivar, Latin America’s great liberator, were transformed into the novel’s protagonist’s memories of her grandfather talking about Sandino, Nicaragua’s popular national hero.
The subjects of the video series are:
- Sandinista Memories, On Writing Nicaragua Way 1 (1:48 min)
- A Nation of Immigrants, On Writing Nicaragua Way 2 (2:23 min)
- Globalized Connections, On Writing Nicaragua Way 3 (2:24 min)
- From Memories to Fiction, On Writing Nicaragua Way 4 (2:40 min)
- Another World Is Possible, On Writing Nicaragua Way 5 (1:52 min)
These videos offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of the characters, the times and the author. I hope both readers and writers will enjoy this exploration of my creative process. May it help strengthen their own. See Nina Serrano’s YouTube Channel Nicaragua Way playlist for more on Nicaragua Way.
MEDIA – For photos & interviews: Paul Richards (510) 967 5577; firstname.lastname@example.org